Model M/2 Multi Volt Wet Sponge Holiday Detector
Stick Type Low Voltage,"Wet Sponge" Holiday Detector
- 9v, 67.5v, 90v DC output
- Lightweight Wand - wands can be combined for greater reach
- Audible & Visual holiday detecting indicators
- Ergonomic stick type unit
- 80kΩ, 90KΩ, and 400KΩ resistances
- automatic calibration verification
- Headphone jack
- Battery operated (9v) (A/C version available 115v / 240v)
Included with the M/2:
- Instrument with battery
- 15’ Locking Ground Cable
- 18" wand
- Sponge electrode 6" x 3.5" x 2" (Ships Compressed)
- 4 oz. Bottle of "water wetter"
- Instructions Manual
- (1) 9v battery included
Multiple volgates makes the M/2 the best choice for use around the world.
Download a Brochure
The Model M/2 builds upon the success of the Model M/1 low voltage holiday detector, known Worldwide as the best choice for the inspection of thin film coatings (0 to 20 mils). Beyond the multiple output voltages of the M/2, there are numerous improvements from the M/1, including the single 9v battery in an easy to access battery compartment, ergonomic handle and comfortable foam grip, locking 15' ground connector, and the all new sponge and sponge holder. The automatic calibration verification remains and the M/2 is checked internally each time it is used in the field with no other test apparatus needed. LED indicators show Power, voltage, low battery, calibration error, and the M/2 includes both audible and visual alarms for holidays. The M/2 comes complete ready go to work right out of the box. Headphones may be used in noisy environments that drown out the normal audio signal.
Use on thin film coatings on conductive substrates such as tanks, concrete, etc.
Conforms to standards for low voltage holiday detectors, such as:
- NACE RP0188
- ISO 14654, ISO 8289-A
- ASTM G62, G6, D5162
- India BS EN ISO 28765:2016, Australia AS 3894.2-2002 (R2013), Japan JIS K 6766:2008
9v DC, 90K ohm Resistance
67.5v DC, 80K ohm Resistnace
67.5v DC, 90K ohm Resistance
90v DC, 400K ohm Resistance
12.25" x 3.5" x 1.75" Instrument, 2 lbs. (311mm x 89mm x 45mm, 1 kg)-Instrument operating size
20" x 5.5" x 4", 3 lbs. (508mm x 139.7mm x 101.6mm, 1.35kg)- Shipping size
- Parts List
M/2 Kit Replacement Accessories:
- 085-156 M/2 Instrument with battery
- 026-101 Ground Cable 15' (4.5720m)
- 049-014 Water Wetter Wetting Solution, 8oz.
- 028-086 CANVAS BAG
- 177-070 WAND HANDLE
- 055-882 Electrode, Sponge, 6" x 3.5" x 2"
- 076-050 Sponge Holder
- 094-030 Sponge Holder Knob
- 014-195 Sponge Backing Plate
- 010-007 Battery, 9v